Monday, May 17, 2010

Cotoletta di Carne

Cotoletta di carne essentially is fried steak. Italians use the word for meat (carne) to refer to beef. Although this steak is fried, it’s much healthier than conventional fried steaks as it is not deep fried, olive oil is used versus other more fatty and unhealthy oils and the italian bread crumbs include various herbs, including oregano which are chock full of antioxidants.

This very easy to make meat dish is sure to become everyone’s favorite. My children love this dish and so does anyone else who comes over for that matter, permitting they eat meat in the first place! When you cook this meat, your kitchen will be enveloped by a delightful smell that will have everyone grabbing on to their plates. I like to make it with a side of sauteed green beans with garlic and a side of parmesan risotto. It also goes very well with fries or mashed potatoes, or as a great addition to a hoagie.

For 2-4 People

1 Lb Steak thinly sliced (for rouladen)
2 Cups Breadcrumbs (Italian variety)
Salt
Olive Oil


Cut steak slices into smaller pieces, usually cutting the steak in half or thirds works great. Place the bread crumbs inside a locking plastic baggy. Add one piece of meat to the bag, close the bag and shake until meat is completely covered. Repeat until all meat slices are breaded. Put about 1/4 cup of olive oil in a non-stick pan, once oil is hot, place steaks in the pan. You’ll probably have to fry in batches, since all of the meat will not fit in he pan. Serve.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you on the Foodie Blogroll and I'm so glad I did! Being part Italian (only a quarter but I proudly claim it) and being a lover of ALL Italian food (as my thighs can attest) I'm always looking for great new recipes to try - and it looks like I hit pay dirt here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such simple but lovely recipes ... following along now so I don't miss any!

    foodfloozie.blogspot.com
    twitter.com/foodfloozie

    ReplyDelete